Our First Aid at Work Level 3 course enables attendees to understand what types of injuries can occur within the workplace as well as how to aid each individual.
Our Understanding Depression and Anxiety Disorders Course enables attendees to understand the nature of anxiety and depression as well as how it can impact on an individual and those around them.
What is stress? What is anxiety? What is depression? What are some examples of mood disorders? What is a major depressive episode? What is Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)? What is Bipolar disorder? What is comorbidity? What is a phobia? What is agoraphobia? What is Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)? What is PTSD? What can cause an emotional disorder in adults? What is the biopsychosocial model? What types of treatment and medication is available? What is CBT? What are some examples of cognitive distortions? Our Understanding Depression and Anxiety Disorders course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
Around 17% of adults in the UK experienced some form of depression in summer 2021.
Through our Depression and Anxiety Disorders course, you will gain an understanding of how to promote positive thoughts. You will learn different types of cognitive distortions. You will learn the signs and symptoms of different emotional disorders. You will learn what OCD, PTSD, Bipolar disorder and agoraphobia is. You will learn how to positively communicate with an adult who has an emotional disorder.
What does Understanding Depression and Anxiety Disorders cover?
- The signs and symptoms of emotional disorders.
- Understand what the difference is between anxiety and depression.
- Understand what a phobia is and some examples of phobias.
- Recognise the different medications and treatments available.
- Gain knowledge of some causes of mental health.
Who is our Understanding Depression and Anxiety Disorders for?
Our Understanding Depression and Anxiety Disorders course is for anyone who supports, looks after, cares or work with adults on a day-today basis. Anyone can have an emotional disorder and having this knowledge will help you to understand how that individual is being affected/ impacted by the emotional disorder.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the nature of anxiety and depression.
- Discuss the signs and symptoms of different emotional disorders.
- Recognise the treatments and medications available for adults who have an emotional disorder.
- Be able to identify different causes of mental health problems.
- Demonstrate how to communicate with an individual who is expressing their feelings and thoughts.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies that can help you to understand how an individual is feeling and how the emotional disorder is affecting them.
Frequently asked questions
This course explores the causes and strategies for identifying and managing challenging behaviours in adults to create win-win outcomes.
Our Online Safety course enables attendees to identify signs of cyber-crime in the workplace and to gain confidence in how to react to a situation.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.