This course explores the six stages of managing aggression and challenging behaviour including physical and non-physical defence strategies and will be tailored to your workplace setting.
Understanding Mental Health & Mental Illness
Learn the language used to reduce stigmatisation around mental health and mental illnesses as well as how to promote positive mental health in themselves and others.
What are the different causes of mental health? What are mood disorders? What is depression? What are the psychological and physical symptoms of depression? What is a manic episode? What are some different types of anxiety disorders? What are the psychological and physical symptoms of anxiety? What is a panic attack? What is PTSD? What are personality disorders? What are eating disorders? What is self harm and what are self harm direct behaviours? What is a risk assessment?
Our Understanding Mental Health and Mental Illnesses course will help you answer the questions above and more. Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year.
Through our Mental Health and Mental Illnesses course, you will gain an understanding of how to support an individual with a mental illness. You will learn how a risk assessment can be used to aid an individual. You will learn what suicide is and the different signs of suicide. You will learn what self-harm is and the different behaviours that can occur. You will learn how violence and mental health are correlated. You will learn what an eating disorder is and some different types. You will learn the different symptoms of anxiety and depression. You will also learn the causes of mental health.
What does Understanding Mental Health & Mental Illness cover?
- The difference between mental health and mental illness.
- Understand the different causes of mental illnesses.
- Understand the myths and truths about the subject of mental health.
- Recognise and implement the correct language to reduce stigma.
- Understand various forms of mental illnesses including depression, anxiety, personality disorders and many more.
- Gain knowledge of the importance of the promotion of positive mental health.
Who is our Understanding Mental Health & Mental Illness for?
Our Understanding Mental Health and Mental Illnesses course is for everyone. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in having this knowledge will help you to understand people who have a mental illness or poor mental health.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the different symptoms that may occur from an individual having depression.
- Discuss the different symptoms that may occur from an individual having anxiety.
- Recognise how poor mental health or a mental illness can impact on an individual’s day-to-day life.
- Be able to implement a risk assessment when dealing with an individual who has a mental illness or poor mental health.
- Demonstrate how to correctly communicate with an individual who has a mental illness.
Frequently asked questions
This half day training course examines the factors that increase the likelihood of slips and falls, and explores preventative and precautionary steps to reduce the risk.
Our Online Ladder Safety Training enables attendees to gain knowledge on how to use certain types of ladders correctly and safely and how to check for any faults with the ladders before use.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.