Our Online Substance Misuse Course enables attendees to gain an understanding of what is entailed within substance misuse, how to aid an individual as well as how these substances can damage the human body.
Learn the impacts a brain injury can have on an individual as well as define the difference between excess behaviours and behavioural deficits.
What the brain is and why it is important? Why are neurons important within the brains function? What are the different types of a brain injury? What causes are causes of a non-traumatic brain injury and traumatic brain injury? What types of long term effects can occur? What are the primary and secondary effects of a brain injury? What motor, sensory, perceptual, cognitive, communication, and behavioural issues can occur? Our Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
There were 356,699 UK admissions to hospital with acquired brain injury in 2019/ 20. This is a 12% increase since 2005/ 6.
Through our Acquired Brain Injury course, you will gain an understanding of the function and anatomy of the brain. You will develop an understanding of how a brain injury can affect a survivor. You will learn how to identify strategies for errorless learning and understanding its benefits. You will learn the different long-term effect on an individual. You will learn the common problems that can occur after an individual has a brain injury. You will learn what The Kitwood flower is. You will learn what errorless learning and its importance.
What does Understanding Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Course cover?
- The strategies for errorless learning and understand its benefits.
- Understand the functioning of the brain as well as the anatomy.
- Understand the impact of being a brain injury survivor.
- Recognise the importance of routines within a day-to-day life of an individual who has suffered from a brain injury.
- Understand how to create plans to improve outcomes.
Who is our Understanding Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Course for?
Our ABI course is for anyone who works with individuals who may have previously had a brain injury. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our session would be suitable to provide knowledge of how a brain injury can occur for anyone at any time.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the different lobes of the brain.
- Discuss the different types and severity of brain injuries that can occur.
- Recognise the different types of causes within an individual having an non-traumatic brain injury and a traumatic brain injury.
- Be able to state the damage a brain injury can cause from primary and secondary effects.
- Demonstrate what a coup-countrecoup brain injury is.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies that will increase your knowledge about Acquired Brain Injuries.
Frequently asked questions
Our Oral Hygiene course enables attendees to identify the importance of oral hygiene, recognise the anatomy of The Oral Cavity and how good oral hygiene can improve their quality of life.
This 3 hour course will give staff additional skills to support those they work with in their oral care.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.