Our MCA and DOLS course enables attendees to identify what the MCA is and what the legal framework behind it is as well as what can cause individuals to have lacking mental capacity.
Advanced Care Planning in Dementia Course
Learn how to notice indicators of who might need help when making decisions and what constitutes Advanced Care Planning for People Living with Dementia.
What is Advanced Care Planning? What barriers do staff face? What legal processes are involved? What right do individuals with dementia have? Our Advanced Care Planning for People with Dementia course will help you answer the questions above and more.
Through our Advanced Care Planning in Dementia Course, you will gain an understanding of what rights people with dementia have. You will learn how to support people living with dementia to make their own choices. You will learn what confidentiality is and why it is important. You will learn what legal processes support advanced care plans.
What does Advanced Care Planning in Dementia Course cover?
- What an Advanced Care Plan is.
- Understand how to identify the risks of people living with dementia and what the risks can include.
- Understand how to support an individual living with dementia to help them make their own choices.
- Understand the potential barriers staff may approach when supporting an individual living with dementia.
- Gain an understanding of what person-centred care is.
Who is our Advanced Care Planning in Dementia Course for?
Our Advanced Care Planning for People Living with Dementia course is for anyone who supports an individual with dementia needs Advanced Care Planning training. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Advanced Care Planning course gives attendees knowledge, skills, and confidence about Advanced Care Planning for People with Dementia.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- By the end of the course, you will be able to….
- Discuss what an Advanced Care Plan is.
- Discuss the rights people living with dementia have.
- Recognise how to support people living with dementia to make their own choices.
- Be able to evaluate the potential barriers that may cause issues when supporting people with dementia.
- Demonstrate an empathic understanding of why an individual living with dementia may become frustrated.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to develop positive environments.
Frequently asked questions
This course explores the six stages of managing aggression and challenging behaviour including physical and non-physical defence strategies and will be tailored to your workplace setting.
A 6 hour Moving and Handling of People course, ideal for those working in areas where the assistance and movement of people is a prerequisite part of their role.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.