This introductory course that briefly covers classroom management and managing behaviours of concern it also gives staff positive handling techniques suitable for pre-school or primary age children only.
Learn how attachment and stress or trauma impacts the brain development and functioning.
What is attachment? What is the Positive Interaction Cycle? What is the Arousal relaxation cycle? What can lead to insecure attachment in children? What is the Disturbed attachment cycle? What are some adolescent attachment styles used? What types of behaviours can be noticed? What are some common signs and symptoms of attachment difficulties in children? How does the child brain develop compared to the adolescent brain when they have attachment difficulties? What is trauma and PTSD? What is the difference between simple PTSD and Complex PTSD? What is Adrenal Hijacking?
Our Attachment and Developmental Trauma Training will help you to answer the questions above and more.
Attachment trauma often leads to a “disoriented – disorganised” attachment.
Through our Attachment and Developmental Trauma Training, you will gain an understanding of how you can aid a child with difficulties within attachment. You will learn some therapeutic parenting strategies that you should use and avoid. You will learn what you can do to aid a child with attachment difficulties. You will learn what a positive family atmosphere can do for a developing child. You will also learn the difference in how different people cope with shame.
What does Attachment & Development Trauma Training cover?
- The emotional reactions that a child might take – freeze, fight, flight or submit and befriend.
- Understand the different types of traumatic stress.
- Understand the ways trauma can impact on brain development and functioning.
- Recognise the different types of attachment styles.
- Understand the common signs and symptoms of attachment difficulties.
- Gain knowledge of the importance of positive brain development.
Who is our Attachment & Development Trauma Training for?
Our Understanding Attachment and Developmental Trauma course is for anyone who works with children who have difficulties with attachment. Our session is more suited to care staff who support and look after children on a day-to-today basis.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the importance of positive environments and family atmosphere on a child’s development.
- Discuss how trauma affect a developing brain as well as how trauma is related to stress disorders.
- Recognise what Adrenal Hijacking is within the different lobes of the human brain.
- Be able to understand what the difference is between simple PTSD and complex PTSD is.
- Demonstrate how to show empathy correctly when communicating with a child who has difficulties with attachment.
Frequently asked questions
Our LGBTQ+ Awareness course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding the initialism as well as related terminology.
Our Dignity in Care course enables attendees to understand what the difference is between dignified care and undignified care and understand how to use empathy in the correct situations.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.