Attachment & Development Trauma Course Overview:
This half day course teaches delegates a basic understanding and awareness of what attachment theory. Attachment and attachment-related disorders is a massive subject, and this course takes a further step to understanding the attachment process and how it can affect individual development.
Are you an individual? Head to our individual's section for more information.
The course is delivered over 2 hours
Our group training is offered for attendees per trainer
What is covered:
Attachment theory is centred on the emotional bonds between people and suggests that our earliest attachments can leave a lasting mark on our lives. Researchers have found that attachment patterns established early in life can lead to a number of outcomes. It also gets delegates to explore their own attachment styles and how this can impact on relationships.
Who is the course for?
This course is essential for Foster Carers, and anyone working within an environment where vulnerable children are encountered, looked after or supported. It is also beneficial training for teachers and social care workers, and anyone who regularly interacts with children.
What will you achieve?
- Understand the concepts of attachment theory and the ‘functionality’ of attachment behaviour
- Be aware of the impact of attachment styles on brain development and its impact upon mental health
- Recognise the impact of stress on the developing brain
- Consider the impact of trauma and abuse when dealing with a child with attachment difficulties
- Consider a range of strategies to help manage children with attachment difficulties
- Reflect upon your own attachment styles in your current parenting of children
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”