A 3 hour awareness course focused on the understanding of diet, nutrition and fluids, and exploring good practice methods of promoting health and good practice within the health, home or social care setting.
About this course
Breakaway training is needed where members of your workforce might be particularly vulnerable. This course helps lone workers develop an understanding of any use of force in their setting including skills necessary to breakaway. The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 states that an employer has to protect the safety of employees, temporary and agency staff and applies even when an employee is working off-site.
What does Breakaway Training cover?
The course includes developing their:
- Dynamic risk assessment skills,
- Strong conflict management skills and,
- Knowledge of breakaway and defensive strategies appropriate to any working environment.
Who is our Breakaway Training for?
Lone worker training is ideal for those who:
- Work in the community,
- Work unsociable hours,
- Work in isolation on site or,
- Have times when they are left on their own in a premises.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Recognise the risks associated with lone working
- Perform dynamic risk assessments
- Use communication to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- Recognise the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- Assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- Communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- Follow good practice after conflict situations
- Understand the law relating to physical intervention and self defence
- Demonstrate defensive techniques including defence from various grabs and strikes
Frequently asked questions
Our Dementia & Other Cognitive Impairments Course helps our attendees have a good understanding of how dementia, learning disabilities, and mental health all impact the brain.
Our Meaningful Engagement in Dementia Course helps you create positive interactions for people living with dementia through all stages
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.