Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) its impact Overview:
Child sexual exploitation is a scary and distressing risk for young people all over the country. Although this is a fairly rare form of sexual, emotional and physical abuse of children, understanding the signs and being aware of the support available can help to equip parents carers and teachers with the knowledge and tools to act.
The course is delivered over 4 hours
Our group training is offered for 3-15 attendees per trainer
What is covered:
This course aims to raise awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and some of the issues that can arise when looking after a child who has been, is being, or is at risk of being sexually exploited.
It looks at the specifics of CSE as well as the broader issues relating to general child protection and safeguarding. It also explores the difference between sexual abuse and CSE as well as touching on the issue of child trafficking.
This course can be run as a half day or full day course that looks at:
- What CSE is
- The signs and indicators you should be aware of
- Specific issues depending on the individual needs
- What to do if you have a concerns
- Effective responses
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who is working with vulnerable children, who have experienced sexual exploitation or going through it and for those who need to increase their knowledge around this area of safeguarding.
What will you achieve?
- Define child sexual exploitation, child trafficking and sexual abuse.
- Identify signs and indicators.
- Identify different grooming models and the process of grooming.
- Understand the impact of CSE on victims and families.
- Identify what to do if you have concerns about a child.
- Recognise issues around CSE for those caring for the child/young person.
- Offer support and protection for those experiencing CSE or its effects.
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”