Our Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 Course enables attendees to be a First Aider, as well as giving knowledge about the different conditions and how to aid the individual.
Learn how to notice indicators of undignified care ta king place and what constitutes undignified care.
What is dignity? What are the National Dignity Challenges? What is empathy? Why is dignity in care important? Why is privacy and dignity in the care industry important? Our Dignity in Care course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
The Dignity in Care Campaign, launched in November 2006, aims to stimulate national debate around the need for people receiving care services to be treated with dignity and respect.
Through our Dignity in Care Training, you will gain an understanding of what the difference is between undignified care and dignified care. You will learn the National Dignity Challenges. You will learn why dignity in care is important. You will learn how the Care Quality Commission (CQC) is related to dignity in care. You will learn the different types of legislation involved with dignity in care. You will also learn how privacy and communication is important.
What does Dignity in Care Training cover?
- What dignified and undignified care is.
- Recognise the types of legislation involved with dignity in care.
- Understand how communication, privacy and social inclusion is important.
- Understand how personal hygiene is important and how it is related to dignity in care.
- Understand what pain management is and how it is related to dignity in care.
- Understand how and why eating and drinking is important relating to dignity in care.
- Gain knowledge of what dignity audits are.
- Explore reasons to why a complaints procedure should be in place.
Who is our Dignity in Care Training for?
Our Dignity in Care course is for anyone working in an elderly care organisation this can be care homes, residential homes, hospitals, GP surgeries and day centres. Our Dignity in Care course give attended knowledge, skills and, confidence.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss what the 8 factors that promote dignity in care are.
- Discuss what undignified care is.
- Recognise the legislation in place relevant to dignity in care.
- Demonstrate how to provide dignified care.
- Evaluate different circumstances of why an individual’s behaviour may change.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments.
Frequently asked questions
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.