This course explores the challenges associated with allegations and complaints against those that care for children and clearly outlines the processes and procedures that should be taken.
Learn what End of Life Care is and what constitutes to End of Life Care.
What is End of Life Care? Why is End of Life Care important? What is Palliative Care? What are the 5 priorities for care of the dying person? Why is individual care important? What is The Hospice Movement? What is Holistic Care? What is Pain Management? What is Person Centred Care?
Our End of Life Care course will help you answer the questions above and more.
500,000 people die in England each year, and it is predicted that this will rise to 590,000 within the next 20 years.
Through our End of Life Care course, you will gain an understanding of the principles of End of Life Care are. You will learn the importance of establishing goals of care. You will learn the 5 priorities for care of the dying person. You will learn what Palliative Care is and how Palliative Care services can be provided. You will learn why individual care is important. You will learn what Holistic Care is. You will also learn what LPA is.
What does End of Life Care Course cover?
- The principles of End of Life Care.
- Recognise what Palliative Care is and how the services can be provided.
- Understand how and why individual care is important.
- Understand what Holistic Care is.
- Gain knowledge of what Pain Management is and how it relates to End of Life Care.
- Understand what Person Centred Care is and how it relates to End of Life Care.
- Understand what Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is and how it relates to End of Life Care.
- Explore reasons to why carers/ support workers as an example need End of Life Care Training.
Who is our End of Life Care Course for?
Our End of Life Care course is for anyone who works in a care setting where the service users have a predicted length of time of 12 months or less. If any service users have an advanced incurable illness, such as cancer, dementia, or motor neurone disease the staff will need to have End of Life Care training.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss what End of Life Care is and how it is important.
- Discuss what Palliative Care is and who the services may be provided by.
- Recognise how individual care is important.
- Be able to understand what Holistic Care is.
- Discuss what Pain Management is and how it relates to End of Life Care.
- Demonstrate how to use empathy with a service users’ family.
- Develop knowledge, skills and, strategies to develop positive environments.
Frequently asked questions
Our Behavioural Changes in Dementia Course enables attendees to explore how and why dementia affects a person’s behaviour and gives attendees ways to reduce behaviours and de-escalate distress.
This course explores the six stages of managing aggression and challenging behaviour including physical and non-physical defence strategies and will be tailored to your workplace setting.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.