An advanced, 6 hour course designed for those who have some previous knowledge and experience in safeguarding.
Meaningful Interaction and Engagement in Dementia Course
Meaningful interaction and engagement for people with dementia
Our Meaningful Interaction and Engagement in Dementia Course looks at how we can provide meaningful interaction and positive engagement for people living with dementia, through all stages.
We understand that some skills may deteriorate during dementia, but our focus is this: we want to look at the skills the person has retained, rather than what they haven’t. We incorporate this into person-centred planning and adapt the persons activities/engagements to suit their abilities and skills, through all stages of dementia. We can help adapt activities to suit the persons needs and help learners to understand the importance of promoting positive engagement and wellbeing.
What does Meaningful Interaction and Engagement in Dementia Course cover?
- What is the quality of interactions a person is being provided with?
- The importance of person-centred care and meaningful engagements.
- The importance of a person’s background when planning an activity
- What could be barriers to meaningful interaction and how to overcome them.
- Positive risk taking and how this could be beneficial to the person you are supporting.
Who is our Meaningful Interaction and Engagement in Dementia Course for?
Anyone who supports a person living with Dementia. Residential / care homes, hospital wars/settings, even people supporting friends/ family within their own homes, occupational therapists, physiotherapist, health and social care workers.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- How to engage and interact in a meaningful way with people living with dementia, throughout all stages of dementia.
- Learn practical ways to demonstrate meaningful engagement
- Identify what barriers dementia presents for people
- Understand the importance of person-centred interactions
- Practical tips on how to adapt day to day activities for people with dementia
Frequently asked questions
This course explores the law regarding physical intervention and teaches staff disengagement and defence techniques for varying risk levels.
Our Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Awareness Online Course enables attendees to identify the signs and symptoms of the 3 types of ADHD, be able to understand the causes of ADHD and what treatments can be used.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.