Our Administration of Medication Training enables attendees to understand the importance of how medication should be received, administered, stored and recorded.
Nutrition in Dementia Training
About this course
People living with dementia often experience problems with eating and drinking, but there are ways to help manage these. Through this course, we can help you recognise difficulties some people living with dementia may face during different stages of dementia regarding nutrition. We explain how dementia impacts on the senses and how this affects nutritional intake. We offer practical steps, support, and tips on helping a person living with dementia to be able to continue enjoying food and drinks.
What does Nutrition in Dementia Training cover?
- How dementia affects our senses in relation to food and drinks
- The importance of mealtimes and what they represent
- Adapting food and fluid through the stages
- Eating well in dementia
- Good practical crockery for people living with dementia
- How to use the MUST screening tool
- Practical tips and guides on what to do if you are worried about someone’s food and fluid intake, including advice on how to avoid UTI’s
Who is our Nutrition in Dementia Training for?
Anyone supporting people living with dementia – elderly care settings, hospitals, health care professionals, health and social care workers. Whatever your role in dementia care our Dementia Awareness Course will give you the knowledge, skills, and confidence in caring for people with
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Have a thorough understanding of how dementia impacts a persons senses in relation to food and fluid
- Be able to understand the MUST screening tool
- How to help people with dementia eat well
- Understand the importance of good meal times
- Know where to seek advice if you are worried about someone’s food and fluid intake
- Understand how fluid and food intake may change through the stages of dementia
Frequently asked questions
Our Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Awareness Online Course enables attendees to identify the signs and symptoms of the 3 types of ADHD, be able to understand the causes of ADHD and what treatments can be used.
Our Online Health and Safety Awareness Course enables attendees to understand the purpose of health and safety, what the employer and employee responsibilities are, the health and safety legislation involved as well as the awareness of safe working spaces.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.