Our PEG Awareness course enables attendees to identify the many different resources to why an individual may require a PEG to be fitted as well as what the PEG insertion procedure is.
Learn what therapeutic parenting is and why it is important.
What is therapeutic parenting? What is trauma? What is brain plasticity? How does abuse impact a child’s brain development? What is reflective functioning? What is sensory development? What are insecure attachments? What is stabilisation? What is the Pace model? Why is empathy important? What is the 6 stage target model? Our Therapeutic Parenting course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
About 20% of children develop PTSD after trauma.
Through our Therapeutic Parenting course, you will gain an understanding of what therapeutic parenting is. You will learn how to recognise the impact of traumatic stress of a child’s development. Your will learn to understand what children need to recover from trauma. You will learn what trauma informed care is. You will learn how to outline the Pace model and the Able Target Model for behavior. You will also learn how to demonstrate empathy-based responses.
What does Therapeutic Parenting Course cover?
- The impact of traumatic stress on a child’s development.
- Understand what brain plasticity is.
- Understand what sensory development is.
- Recognise the different signs and symptoms.
- Understand the process of recovery from disorder.
- Gain knowledge of the importance of empathy.
Who is our Therapeutic Parenting Course for?
Our Therapeutic Parenting course is for anyone who works with children on a day-to-day basis. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in having this knowledge will help you to improve your communication skills revolving around abuse and attachment difficulties within children.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the impact traumatic stress can have on a child’s development.
- Discuss what the Pace model is.
- Recognise what the Able Target Model for behaviour is and how it is useful.
- Be able to understand the importance of therapeutic parenting.
- Demonstrate how to communicate with children positively and how to use empathy correctly.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and development that will create a positive environment for children.
Frequently asked questions
Starting learning with a wide range of online courses covering different subjects, including First Aid, Health & Safety and Fire Awareness
This course raises awareness of the different forms of mood disorders that can affect people and explores the possible biological, psychological and social causes and effects.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.