Understanding Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Course Overview:
Our Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder course gives you an overview of what FASD is and helps you recognise the signs and symptoms of the disorders. Our Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder course outlines tools and strategies for the support, care and education of someone affected with FASD and how it may affect them across their lifespan. We also help you understand the screening and diagnosis process.
Are you an individual? Head to our individual's section for more information.
The course is delivered over 3 hours
Our group training is offered for 15 attendees per trainer
This training is available to be delivered in a environment.
What is covered:
Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder is an umbrella term that covers a range of alcohol-related birth defects. These are all caused by exposure of alcohol to a foetus whilst still in the womb. They are categorised into the following areas:
- Foetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
- Partial Foetal Alcohol Syndrome (PFAS)
- Alcohol Related Neuro-developmental Disorder (ARND)
- Alcohol Related Birth Defects (ARBD)
- Neurodevelopmental disorder as a result of prenatal exposure to alcohol (ND-PAE)
- Children born with FASD may exhibit biological and psychological problem. They may have difficulties with memory, cognition, executive functioning and adaptive functioning. As a spectrum disorder, FASD affects each child differently, and to a different extent.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for everyone working with children and young people to understand the effects and challenges of FASD and be able to recognise and support individuals who are affected.
What will you achieve?
- Define what Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) is
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”