This 3 hour course teaches delegates about the role and responsibility of personal care, and how to recognise, manage and prevent pressure sores.
Supporting People in the Advanced Stages of Dementia
Understand the needs of people with advanced dementia, and how to better support them.
As people move to the later stages of dementia, they will experience an increase in symptoms and are likely to have significant memory loss and cognitive difficulties. Some people may become increasingly frail and may need to rely on others for full time support. However, some people may have some moments of lucidity (awareness of their situation) and sometimes their abilities return, temporarily.
What does Supporting People in the Advanced Stages of Dementia cover?
- Symptoms when someone is entering the advanced stages of dementia
- The values of wellbeing and person-centred care within the advanced stages
- What happens to memories in later stages of dementia
- Effective communication when communication deteriorates
- Health complications in the later stages of dementia
- Supporting and caring for someone in the later stages of dementia
- Explore therapeutic techniques for sensory stimulation
Who is our Supporting People in the Advanced Stages of Dementia for?
Supporting People in the Advanced Stages of Dementiacourse is for anyone working with the elderly and those with Dementia including those in Palliative and End of Life Care settings. This includes health and social care professionals (e.g. nurses, doctors, therapists and social workers) Whatever your role in dementia care our Advanced Dementia Course will give you the knowledge, skills, and confidence in caring for people with dementia.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Recognise signs and symptoms associated with later stages of dementia
- Recognise the importance of person-centred care and interaction at this stage
- Understand how to still engage in communication with someone with dementia
- Learn what is happening to the memory bank
- Understand some of the health complications associated with the later stages of dementia
- Provide better understanding, care and support for people in their advanced stages of dementia.
Frequently asked questions
Our ADHD in Children course enables attendees to understand what Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is as well as how it can affect day-to-day life for a child.
Our Diabetes Training enables attendees to understand what diabetes is and what the different types are, and to understand what forms of treatment are available.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.